Sunday, September 15, 2013

Zion's 2nd Birthday! {In Mammoth} D3

Day Three

It was so much fun having Zion's birthday in Mammoth! It ended up being one of my favorite days of the trip. We opened a few presents at camp in the morning then headed out for the day.

Birthday Donut!!

June Lake

We spent the morning at June lake. It was the first day of our trip that the winds were lighter. We all got to paddle a bit and the kids were able to have fun playing on the beach without those terrible winds.


Tuolumne Meadows

When we got here Eden asked me if this was where I grew up. Oh Eden how I wish that it was! But in a way it is a deeply embedded part of my childhood. I'm not sure how many times we went to Tuolumne but thanks to our family trips there it's beauty is etched upon my mind and heart. The kids seemed to have so much fun in this place which gave me such joy!


COLD!!!
Tara and Eden drug these large wood pieces around to make the sea saws. I LOVE their creativity!


Zion getting ready to head up his first full pitch climb (Eden's too for that matter) on his 2nd birthday - he charged it!



 
  
We even got Mimmi to climb!

On a grasshopper hunt...
We saw these deer on our way out and told Eden that they were Santa's reindeer vacationing here until Christmas. She was mesmerized and insistent on finding more each day.   
Zion took his milkshake pretty seriously...

Evening Bike Rides

Every evening after dinner we got in the habit of riding our bikes over to twin falls and then around the lake. It was such a beautiful and mildly vigorous ride that has left me longing for it at home.


Last camp fire with Tara and Mimmi. We were so sad to be parting ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment