Friday, September 27, 2013

SD Botanical Gardens

It has been way too long since we have visited this magical place. We went last Tuesday with Mimmi and Tracy's boys intending only to stay for a couple of hours and ended up staying the entire day. The kids were just so captivated with every area, you could hardly pull them away from each spot. As I was sorting through these pictures both Eden and Zion were begging me to take them back and asking me when we could go next.

Zion captivated by the train. I love how he climbed up the wire fence and stayed there forever - unmoved by the pain he must have been feeling in his feet and just so entirely entranced by the train.

Remember Aga? Eden did and was so looking forward to saying hello again.
Train Spotting

It's a rare day when we go and they actually have the bubbles out. The kids were in heaven! I'm pretty sure we played here till the bubbles were gone!


So this is a strange story....Zion found this beautiful bird outside our sliding glass door to our backyard the other day.  It was such a stunning creature and a bird that I had not remembered seeing flying around before. The kids and I were mesmerized by it and studied it for quite some time before we removed it. Eden kept saying that it was not a real bird...
Not many days later we came by the same type of bird at the gardens, and I have not seen one since....
A Blood Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment