Saturday, September 14, 2013

Our Mammoth Summer Retreat

DAY ONE

We are back from another incredible trip to Mammoth. As I was sorting through the pictures today (of Tuolumne in particular) Eden began begging me to take her back there. Incessantly asking me when we could return. It is nice to know that she loves it as much as I do...That being said, I am overwhelmed by the prospect of making a blog about this trip. I took far too many pictures and have far too many that I want to include so I decided I better take it day by day. These are the pictures from our first day. We arrived mid afternoon and spent the day riding bikes and fishing in Lake Mary.

What is it about a boy that the first thing they want to do in the woods is pee?
Tara & Mimmi joined us for the first bit of the trip. The kids were thrilled to share their adventures with them!
Tracy lent us this tandem attachment to the bike - it was all Eden wanted to do morning and night!
When we are camping we can not pry this guy away from the scoot. When we are home we can't get him to touch it. Just add it to the list of things I will never understand.

First catch of the trip!


Look at zion's tangled mess of fishing line - so classic.
Can you spot the bald eagle??

Dissecting a fish head
We ate the fish for dinner the first night. The next night I asked the girls what we should make for dinner and they both (almost simultaneously) replied fish. Except Tara suggested we catch a few more so we could each have our own. 
After dinner explore

No comments:

Post a Comment