Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Remembering the Days of Old...

This used to be our life, Jon and I. Climbing the best routes we could find and Jon surfing the best waves he could find (well he still does that...sort of). Life is different now. I wouldn't change it, or trade it, for anything in the world; but I do miss climbing. I miss that proximity I felt to God in those moments where I felt embraced by all of His creation. I still see God, and I still know God, He is in everything around me not least of which my two children's faces. {Incidentally Eden explained to me just yesterday (kind of out of nowhere) that God lives inside our hearts.} What an incredible reminder for me, from God, through the mouth of my small child. So perhaps the proximity to God is not the main thing I miss about climbing. To be honest I am not completely sure what it really is. All I know is that although I cherish every moment of this glamorous life I live, with all of sorts of love all around me, I still miss climbing like a hole in my heart. And I've never really known what to make of this feeling. Banish it or let it flourish...whatever it is I'm sure there are many lessons for me within it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment