Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Little Dancer

Today was Eden's very first dress rehearsal for her very first dance recital. It felt like such a big thing for my painfully shy and introverted child. Eden is not one for dress up or for stages. She actually becomes quite closed off the moment anyone compliments her on anything. I wasn't sure how today would go. I wasn't sure if I would even be able to get her in her costume. There was some resistance, nothing extraordinary, but I think the whole process just sucked the life out of her; because moments after we finished putting the finishing touches on hair, makeup, and costume I found her passed out in her bed. This left me with two sleeping children to place in the car and rush over to rehearsal. We made it by there by the skin of our teeth - running. But the important thing is that we made it and there were no tears until after, at which point there were torrents of tears. She has a pretty tough exterior but really she is as sensitive as they come.










I have the cutest video but I can't get it to upload to blogger or youtube. It's killing me, but it's probably for the best so that there are no spoilers for Saturday's big show. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment