Sunday, October 25, 2015

JT Family Day

Pics from a beautiful family day out at Joshua Tree. By far my favorite day out there to date. The kids were super pumped to be out there and I actually got to climb a real climb - one that I was unable to lead clean prior to kids - so definitely a test piece for me. And though I didn't lead it cleanly this time I made it up safely and it felt like a small victory to lead a hard trad climb with the kids. 

The sunrise on our drive out.

Eden took a bunch of pictures of me climbing. Probably some of the only pictures I have of myself climbing since Jon and I typically just climbed with each other and he was always too busy holding the rope to take a pic. Anyway I treasure these pictures on so many levels but mostly because they were taken by my beautiful daughter.
Another Eden pic
Zion found this tarantula. We were all busy around the corner doing something and he started screaming - 'I found a spider - one from Merek's party!' (Merek had that reptile party I posted about earlier). It was our first tarantula sighting out there. We were all super excited!
Eden decided she wanted to be a 'real' climber this trip and put on tape gloves. It was really cute how she got so into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment