Thursday, June 11, 2015

Footplant Skate

I don't even know where to begin about this place. I've been hearing about it (whispers really) for the past 6 months or so, and seeing that kids have really progressed after coming here. The teacher is Shane Sheckler, brother to Ryan Sheckler. The first time I brought Eden here she cried and fought me - not wanting to go. I literally had to bribe her to come take a class - just one class, to give it a chance and if she hated it I told her I would never make her go back. If you look at the pictures below you will see her face within five minutes of the class. This place, this coach - it was like a dream come true for her. It's so fun to get lessons here that it's hard to not want to go back every single day. 
On Eden's first day she got to skate with a group of slightly older girls  which was really inspiring for her as she had never really skated with girls before. 

Second Lesson

Learning to do a proper drop in
The first time we went it was a late afternoon and it was pretty crowded. Zi was super frustrated cause all he wanted to do was charge all the ramps but I wouldn't let him due to the crowds. Since then we have gone back at quieter hours so Zi basically gets his run of the place and is super stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment