Friday, November 14, 2014

My 3 Yr Old Zi

I honestly don't know where to begin. Zi is such a beautiful soul. He is so full of life and love and he is equally full of mischief. He is smart, he is athletic, he has a heart the size of the universe and can hardly contain it within his small frame. Speaking of small frame, I really need to lay off that stuff because these kids pick up on everything. Today as we were driving in the car Zi said: "Mom - how come I don't grow bigger?" My heart broke in that moment and I spent the next few moments explaining to him that he is growing and that I need him to stop because soon he will be bigger than me. Not everything he says is so heartbreaking though. These are some of the others things that I would like to remember:

Me: Zi, were any of your friends at church today?
Zi: No, but Jesus was there.

Zi: "Hi sweet little mamma" (one of his daily greetings) or "Hi sweetheart" to just about anybody but especially to cute furry animals.

Zi: What? What? What? (at least 1,000 times a day to whatever I say. Often it can be interpreted as "Mom, what do you mean?" but is also used loosely out of habit to whatever I say whether he actually understands or hears it or not.)

Me: texting someone at the beach
Zi: Mom the lifeguard is gonna give you a ticket if you look at your phone on the beach.

Always asking me whether it is ok to say this or that..."Is it ok to say 'gosh' mom?" and various other words and phrases. it's really pretty sweet, and surprisingly sincere.

At his 3 y/o check-up the Dr asked him to jump like a bunny. Zi proceeded to bend over and do a head stand in response to her request (as if all bunnies hop in head stand mode). It was so incredibly Zi.

Instead if fire fighter its fighter fighter. Instead of dog he says Gog. Instead of surfing it's furfing (that one I can never get enough of) and he is always telling Jon: I want to go furfing with you and get barreled by myself.

Last month was pretty frustrating for him when we took Eden surfing almost daily. He wanted so badly to paddle out on his own just like Eden but is just not quite there yet. I'm seriously worried that these moments could have potentially ruined surfing for him - he was just that annoyed. We will see. I am interested to see what he is like in Kauai this year. It was last year that he was just so into it - far more than Eden was. 
This pic is from this summer. This was long after lights out. As far as I knew both kids were tucked quietly in bed both sound asleep. When I went to check on them I was surprised to find Zi like this instead. The best mischief he ever made!
Zi recently arranged these guys in front of his room one night before bed. Presumably to protect him from any harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment