Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Friend Anne

I have this friend Anne, whom I befriended in college while we were both working at Luna Notte. She is this one in a million type of person, someone whom I feel so incredibly grateful to know and to have in my life. Since college we have never lived close but have always kept in touch. I have followed her on her blog and have been constantly inspired by her simplicity in life and constant striving after God and His heart. Right now she lives in Boston, and I get to see her about once a year when she comes to stay with family. The memories of these sporadic visits are so sweet to me, this time the kids finally seemed to really connect (esp during the second visit of their stay). As we were leaving the second time Eden was begging me not to take her away from her new friends, then begging me for another play date soon. I wish we could have play dates daily. Thanks so much Anne for making time for us during your visit with family where I know time was precious and scarce. Your friendship means the world to me. Thank you for your constant example and for inspiring me in ways that you could never dream. 

This is Edie & Ruth
Eden & Vera
Edie & Vera
Well deserved ice cream cones after a long and windy afternoon at the beach.
Zion's disaster cone

I love all these pics of the kids playing 'ring around the rosy' at the end of that first little playdate - they were so happy and free and finally really connecting...
Baby Ruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment