Thursday, June 5, 2014

Grandma Kathy's Visit

Kathy came for a visit over the weekend. The kids enjoyed soaking up all of her love and thrived with all of that extra attention.

Rivi

We went to Rivi with the intention of staying for a couple of hours but the kids ended up having so much fun that we maybe stayed for 5, and even when we left we had to drag the kids away. 


We took a walk down to yogurt after dinner on Sat evening. Eden really enjoyed showing Grandma Kathy her school as we walked by.


Boat Ride Sunday

We took the boat up to Newport on Sunday, and it was probably a good thing we did because one of the engines failed while we were over there (originally we had plans to go to Catalina this weekend). So although it was a miserable ride on Sunday and I felt bad that Kathy had to be privy to it, I am ever so thankful that it didn't happen while we were half way out to Catalina in the middle of the ocean. 

 Downtime at the House

Looking back, I suppose the most special moments of the visit were these quiet ones at the house. We probably should have done much more of this while Kathy was here, but I guess I just have such a hard time sitting still. I will have to work on that for future visits I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment