Sunday, January 19, 2014

Eden Hope at 4-1/2

I believe that a good picture captures the soul or the essence of a person. I have a hard time getting good pictures of Eden. Rarely will she allow my lens that honor. This is one of those rare pictures that captures my beautiful and wonderful girl. Eden is 4-1/2 now and with her age new struggles have emerged...it seems every bit of physical growth brings emotional growth that is sometimes difficult and hard to bear. Potty training Zion has been particularly hard on her. So much attention and celebration focused on him at almost every interval of every day, I have seen the strain that it has put on her. But she equally shares in his joy and is proud of him beyond measure.

Right now Eden is:
Persistent
Independent
Stubborn
Incredibly helpful
LOVES to read
LOVES to draw
Learning to write all her letters (seems to write a new letter each day)
Quiet
Sometimes withdrawn
Incredibly reflective
Likes to dance and put on performances for us but especially likes to coordinate the performance if she can get a willing participant.
Has the memory of an elephant
Extremely observant

Some Eden stories:

Jon's mom tried to explain to Eden that her face was dirty the other day. Eden responded by saying:
"That's ok, I'm not going to a wedding or anything."

We were out at Joshua Tree yesterday and Eden reminded me of the time that she, klamath, and I went out there to camp and I was pregnant with Zion. She was very specific saying: "Mom, this reminds me of the spot we camped at when you got in trouble with the police officer and he made you really upset, do you remember that?" I had been racing around Joshua Tree looking for a campsite on the biggest full moon in years when I got pulled over, and I did get very upset. I could not believe that she had remembered that trip, she was not even two at the time.

Eden has become very excited about the possibility of going to "Spanish School" next year. Almost every day she asks how to say something in spanish - whether it is foot, or elbow, or open she is always looking for new words. Chances are she will go and absolutely hate it, but we think its pretty cute that she is so motivated now.


No comments:

Post a Comment