Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas Cookies

This is another tradition the kids look forward to and love. I have to admit though that I wish I could/would just relax and enjoy it a little bit more myself. Unfortunately, I do allow myself to get super stressed out by their little helping hands and big messes. Zi was on the counter this year cutting the cookies with us (cause we could not figure out a stool quite tall enough for him) and I can't tell you how many times I looked over to find the cookie cutter intertwined with his dirty little foot (granted he had just bathed but still). Each and every time I would scold him, and each and every time he would sincerely apologize only to intertwine that cookie cutter with his foot again only moments later. I can assure you he will not be on that counter ever again - that just about killed me. Other than that though the cookies were really fun. When we took them to Mimmi's house to decorate Eden was just thrilled. She could have sat and decorated those cookies for hours, and she sort of did - mostly by herself as the boys were busy playing and the rest of us were busy organizing or baking ourselves. 

This was the first year we made gingerbread cookies. We did this at home by ourselves with a little extra dough. It was super fun!
Zi and I made some dough while Eden was at school. It was nice to share this activity with him as normally this is Eden's role. He was so happy to get this chance to help. 
After the cookies were finished we took them over to Nanny's and sang a little Christmas song while she sat down to dinner. It was really special and sweet - definitely gonna be a new tradition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment