Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Word on Eden

I have a story in my heart about Eden that I never want to forget....

A few weeks ago, I misplaced my wedding rings. I searched the house for them for hours to no avail, and began to sincerely loose hope. Eden could see my sorrow and she kindly told me:

"Mom, when I get married, as long as my husband does not give me green wedding rings, then I will give you mine - don't worry."

She is ever so kind and generous in ways that I can only begin to understand. Eden and I have been having our differences lately. I feel this strain between us that is ever so slight but it weighs on my heart as a possible foreshadowing of things to come. I know it is unhealthy to think this way and instead I am striving to meet her where she is today. She is such an incredible, tender, and strong soul, that really I am only beginning to know. I feel honored to call myself her mother.

As a side note, I am happy to report that once again Jon saved the day and helped trigger my memory in order to find those lost rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment