Saturday, April 25, 2015

Paddling the Harbor

One of my favorite things to do - just the kids and I - is to load them up on the paddle board and cruise around the harbor with them, and I find that I am running out of time on this activity. I like it best first thing in the morning, before the kids' energy and the wind has had a chance to really pick up. But since Eden starts school next year, this is really our last year to do it (consistently at least). Not only that but I assume in a years time they will just be too big for the board to support all three of us. Meanwhile I am really soaking it in, and getting as many trips around the harbor that our time will afford. 

I didn't get the pic I was hoping for here but it's a pic of one of  my favorite birds - the  Blue Heron, aka the Dinosaur Bird to the kids and I, because it looks like a giant ancient dinosaur up close and flying through the sky. Also it's nests up high in the trees are huge and majestic.
If you look closely you will see a one man submarine on this boat. It's the first submarine I've ever seen in person and for some reason it just floored me. Zion spotted it first and was so incredibly proud!
Beach treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment