Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Joshua Tree Day-Trippin

Pics from our most recent day trip to Joshua Tree. It's always quite the trek to get out there for the day. This time we were all a little less motivated to climb than we have been in the past, but we still had such a great time. Almost every time we go I have to ask myself if it is really worth it. Worth the pain and agony of dragging my kids almost three hours each way for a few hours among the rocks and dirt. But almost every time it is - so incredibly Worth It. There are good portions throughout the trek wherein the kids do nothing but complain, which again I can completely understand - so often I wonder if it's really worth it for them and if they are having any fun at all. But this time after coming home I lost count of how many times they both thanked me for taking them out there. Eden even went so far as to write notes and wrap presents for Jon and I in an effort to show her gratitude. Not every adventure is perfect, there is often plenty of struggle along the way, but almost always the adventures are worth it. No regrets with this motley crew in tow. 

New blue rope christened in the bright and shining blue sky!
I spy Zi!
I put Eden in charge of my camera while I climbed. Mostly the pics turned out like this one, but one clear-ish one came through (below).

No comments:

Post a Comment