Saturday, April 18, 2015

Gardening Blues

Our garden has been in such a sad state these past few years - it seriously breaks my heart. But truth be told I am not the green thumb of the family. In fact, I feel quite useless in the garden. I have this great desire to see a garden grow but so little desire to do the hard work that enables it to grow. And as it turns out Jon is determined to empower me in this way - which actually became a bit of a problem as I had no desire to be empowered and every desire to see him just get the job done. In the end, I planted our garden this year. At least a quarter of it already died. Jon felt bad so he replanted but I don't think his replanting succeeded either. The garden really is such a special thing though, the way it draws us into our yard. In a way it grounds us and forces us to spend a bit more time at home watering and tending. Hopefully it will blossom into a really beautiful crop this year. Since I planted it, I am highly skeptical that it will, so I will just be singing the gardening blues.
Is this a quintessential California landscape pic or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment