Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs...

Sometime over the spring and summer Zion became super interested in bugs. So for his birthday I got him a bug encyclopedia. For weeks the kids poured over this book devoting countless hours to its contents. Then Zi single-handedly caught a butterfly with his bare hands outside of swim class. He was so proud of himself and so in love with his catch. But I scolded him because he broke the butterfly's wing - he was able to clearly see that the butterfly would never fly again. Since then he has sort of lost his zeal. I'm happy to say that the butterflies of the world are likely eternally safe from Zi's squishy hands but I am sad to see that his interest has died a bit along with that butterfly. 

Eden dictated this sign and asked me to place it on our door.

No comments:

Post a Comment