Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Fun Day Out in Irvine

For all of the traveling that we do, when we are home, I try really hard not to leave San Clemente. Really, when everything we need is right here (beach, pool, home, friends) it's super hard to justify leaving. When we do leave I try to make the most of it and squeeze as much into our time away as I can. A couple weeks ago we went up to Irvine to visit Jon at the fire station. On the way there we climbed at the gym and on the way home we stopped at the Irvine Spectrum (an outdoor mall). I have actually frequented malls so rarely with the kids that as soon as we got there Zi excitedly proclaimed: "Look Mom! It's a PARADE!" 

Once Zi finally got his turn to climb at the gym he went straight to the top - something Eden had been hesitant to do all morning. As soon as she saw him do it she proceeded to do it three or four times.
This is a pic Zi took of Eden that I sort of love.

I love this sequence of Zi and Eden climbing under the roof and giving each other pointers. They really are such an awesome team. 

In this pic the kids are looking at a pic of Zi climbing in Tuolumne that the gym had been displaying on their TVs throughout the gym.

Station 06

Station 06 is a pretty special station. It has what is called the Tiller Truck and the Heavy Rescue. It's an enormous station, brand new and beautifully built. The kids love to visit this station and see all of the giant trucks and ride bikes around the enormous driveway.

Irvine Spectrum

I can not believe how much fun the kids and I had at this place. It truly was consumerism at its best. But its something that we really never do so I have no guilt over it at all. I realize that our kids are pretty darn spoiled in a way that most kids aren't (that I do have guilt over). But it was fun to spoil them in this more conventional way for a change. And they were in heaven and incredibly appreciative which made it even more fun!

Waiting to go on the Ferris Wheel, we also rode the little train around (which I didn't get a picture of).

The kids spent forever in this little splash area. It was nice to have nowhere to be so I could let them.

1 comment: