Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Paddling

A lot of time has been passed at Baby Beach this summer. Especially since the discovery that the kids and I can go on paddleboard "boat" rides around the harbor. We now do this at least once to twice per week, and it always inevitably leads to a lazy morning/afternoon playing in the water at baby beach. I say lazy because it is just such a peaceful and relaxing beach setting for both myself and the kids. The kids can play in the water uninhibited and I can enjoy the scene of their play without the stress of helping them dodge the waves. (Which by the way is more stressful for me than I can possibly put into words, especially because Zion is convinced he is a fish and screams fiercely if you dare try to help him {or touch him} in in the crashing waves.) These pics are a compilation of baby beach play from the past several weeks. They are completely out of order and entirely redundant but I love each and every one of them so I refuse to taper them down.

I LOVE the interaction between Eden and Zion in the following pics (which also happen to be the most recent pics). The way Zion is trying to knock Eden off her board reminds me of when I was pregnant with Eden and Jon and I first started paddling together, he was always messing with me - just like Zi with Eden here.


This was her first time standing up on this board. I didn't think it could be done. But in a way this board is almost easier for her to paddle because it's so easy for her to maneuver.

I thought it was pretty hilarious when she was paddling around with both these boards, as if she was going on some great surf expedition and she wanted to be prepared for all scenarios. 
Tracy & Ben!
Such a BOY moment right here.
Eden Paddling Mimmi


Parting Shots



Zion Out-takes


No comments:

Post a Comment