Friday, August 2, 2013

Eden is Officially 4!!!!

On the morning of Eden's 4th birthday, she woke up at 3:30am. I found it amusing that she happened to wake up 30 minutes after she was officially born. Was that instinctual on her part? She was just so thrilled and excited to be turning 4 that she literally could not sleep. All day she maintained this excited energy, enjoying every second of her day, asking me at the end of the day when it would be her birthday again.

Jon came back in the morning before rushing off to the Academy to open a few presents with the birthday girl.

Eden taking pics with her camera from G'Pa Lew.

We met her cousins and Mimi at Surfin Donuts before swim lessons where Eden got  BIG donut and a BIG breakfast.

Eden waiting patiently for her cousins and Mimi to arrive so she can eat her BIG donut. 
I'm 4!!!

I love how she is exuding happiness in all these pics.

 Off to swim lessons after breakfast where she got to swim with her favorite swim instructor Miss Vanessa and one of her favorite friends, Arsen.


We went to Baby Beach to paddle after swim per Eden's request. She probably went out for at least 5 paddles to the other side of the harbor and back.


Eden getting ready to jump for it.
I'm still not sure how Mimi did it with these two on that board. I had them on my big white board and was feeling pretty insecure...Mimi is impresive!
Eden and her buddy Arsen
This is a very descriptive picture of Eden to me, it seems to say of her what my words can not. 
Aunty Tracy, being a hero and stoking the kids!
I LOVE how Eden plays with her brother and LOVES her brother. Please God don't ever let that go away...

In the afternoon Tara came over to play. We had a special dinner of butter noodles with parmesan and artichokes just for Eden, then the rest of Jon's family came over that evening to open presents and eat ice cream sundays. All around I think Eden would say she had the perfect birthday. And I had such a wonderful day just enjoying her and celebrating her. What a special little girl she is!

This is a replacement for her {mangled} Dolly-Doll. But lets be honest, there are no replacements for a beloved doll. Dolly-Doll will be with till there is no Dolly-Doll left.
Jon got her this skooter which quickly overshadowed everything else. That is all she wanted to play with for the rest of the night and all she has really wanted to play with since. Good job Daddy!

Happy Birthday Eden! May this one be followed by at least 100 more!

A couple of {4 year old} Eden conversations that I never want to forget:

On the Eve before her birthday I was making a point of celebrating the last day of my 3 year old Eden when she said to me: 
"Mommy tomorrow I will turn 4 and disappear forever." 
Me: "Don't say that, but what do you mean?" 
Eden: "My 3 year old self will be gone forever, I will never be 3 again."

And yesterday at breakfast:
Eden: "When will I get milk in my boobies to feed the babies?"
Me: "Well, you have to grow a baby inside your stomach first. You can't get milk until you grow a baby."
Eden: "When can I grow a baby? I want to grow a baby now."
Me: "Not until you are really really old like mommy and daddy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment