Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lunch with Aunty Chris

My Mom, sister and I met up with Aunty Chris for lunch today and although we all had a great time, it seems our kids (mainly Zi) was having too much fun as the restaurant staff ended up locking us out of the restaurant interior. That was a first for me, one that I will never forget. And it comes at this point in my life when the kids have been very challenging for me. So it begs the question: Are my kids just so completely out of control that although I am severely affected by it I am refusing to address it and their behavior is just spiraling out of control?? At minimum the incident gives me tremendous pause. In the midst of this reflection, something said on one of my favorite TV shows "Call the Midwife" really resounded with me tonight and captured the essence of what my blog is all about to me. The show is in England so read this quote accordingly: "Nothing is perfect, but we keep on cause we remember the good bits." All these millions of pictures of these tiny beings created in God's image - they help me forget about being locked out of restaurants and marker stains on the carpets & walls and they keep me focused on the very good bits.
I love the body language in this picture....Eden characteristically taking her time and keeping her distance as she warms up to Christine and Christine simply letting her, giving her space to be her.
Zion waited patiently for the arrival of baby Gray. Once he finally got there Zi could hardly contain himself and his excitement was contagious.
Zi & Grayden having a moment..
"Binocular Eyes!"
These group photos are awful but it was the best we could do seeing as how the staff locked us out and we could not solicit their help. This one was taken with the timer.
This one was taken by a customer, I can't decide which is better (or worse).

1 comment:

  1. great quote - I'll have to remember that! so many good bits... but also encouraging to know other moms experience the same 'harder' bits!! : )

    ReplyDelete