Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tales of Eden

Jon and I are really enjoying both the kids lately, but Eden in particular has just been growing up so much and it has been an incredible blessing for us to really get to know her. She is such an intense soul with a somewhat hard exterior but she is nothing but love through and through. There are a few things she has either done or said lately that I feel I have to get down in writing so that I will never forget...

The other day we were at the beach hanging out while Jon was surfing. Eden explained to me that she had to go to the bathroom really badly. Unfortunately, the nearest bathroom was what seemed like a 1/4 of a mile away (it was probably less) but it was not very close by any means. So she, Zion, and I began our long trek across the beach to the bathroom. I was trying to hurry a bit because I knew she had to go, but I noticed she was kind of lagging behind and kept picking at things in the sand. Finally I asked what she was doing and she told me she was picking up trash, "because we don't want the beach to be dirty, do we?" is what she said to me. And there she is with her hot little hand full of trash. I was shocked. To be honest, I don't think I have ever done that, so I know she did not learn it from me. Where did she learn to be so conscientious? I am not sure, but I sure do hope I can be a little more like her someday.


Eden has been trying really hard to quit sucking her thumb. We have been trying all sorts of positive reinforcement techniques with some headway but no exemplary results. And Eden is a bit frustrated because she truly wants to stop but just does not know how. So we were all in the car the other day, just driving along, when Eden asks me out of the blue: "Mom, how did you stop sucking your thumb?" So sweet and so real. 

Eden with the mannequin at Old Navy, she LOVES these things, and she is very into imaginative play. 

Those are my two big stories about Eden right now. The picture below was taken today. This is a random corner of the house Eden became fixated with today, she really enjoyed being squished in there and drawing against this mirror.


No comments:

Post a Comment