Monday, September 24, 2012

Time to Sow

Our poor garden has a tendency to fall into disrepair because Jon and I just have a really hard time slowing down. But Zi was sick over the weekend so it sort of forced us to spend a little more time at home. We spent all of Sunday afternoon planting in the garden beds and working on odd projects around the house. And I must say I think we all had so much more fun than we could have imagined. Eden was such a good little helper, and she seemed to have the most fun of all. At the end she helped me paint a bench which had been bugging me for some time. We ended up just painting it with some left over paint from Eden's room that we had in the garage. Once we were finished she thanked me so much for letting her help paint and told me what a "special treat" it was for her. My heart was melting! I told Jon that Eden and I may have to paint the bench a new color every month just for fun.

Arugula, chives, garlic, onion, beets, swiss chard, and lettuce planted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment