Thursday, September 25, 2014

Eden's Last 1st Day of Preschool

Eden is back at preschool for one more year. This is something that I feel very conflicted about, but in the end I think it will be the best thing for her and our family. Eden had been looking forward to school for weeks and you can see from the 'before-school' pictures how excited she was to head off. But just like last year, when it came time to say good-bye, she clung to me screaming and would not let go. The fact that Eden cried the first day was the talk among all her friends to their mammas. It was at this moment that I felt most acutely that the right decision for Eden had been made. That being said, Eden is really enjoying school this year. She has one long day each week 8:45-3:30, wherein she attends an after school program called "Owls". The focus of this program is science and music. We were unsure how she would survive this day as historically the mere three hour day had been so exhausting for her in the past. As it turns out, this is the day Eden looks forward to the most. She has told me over and over again that she wishes every day was her Owls day. Then the other night at dinner Eden told me out of the blue "Mommy, I am so much happier now that I am back in school.". And though I didn't really notice that she was "unhappy" before I do have to admit that her happiness shines forth like a beacon. Her smile is radiant and her play infectious. She really is quite happy and coming into that whole wonderful version of her true self. I am happy to see her enjoying school in this way. And if this year is for nothing else but to teach her the pure joy in learning then this year's value will be immeasurable. 
Getting back into the routine of biking to school with dad - one of her favorite things to do. It's stuff like this that she will remember for the rest of her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment