Sunday, May 5, 2013

Reflection

I am very aware that most of the things I put on this blog about parenting and my children are extremely positive. I have done that intentionally, as my purpose for this blog is a celebration...of these two souls that God has so generously blessed me with. That being said I will admit that some days being a parent is painfully hard. And more times than not I am painfully hard on my children bringing me to my knees before God and them. But that is not why I am writing this today. Today I want to celebrate them once again.

I had a really hard morning today. Long story short, I signed up to bring donuts to church this month. Today was the first day so I got their a few minutes early and ended up bringing them into an AA meeting instead which resulted in me getting incredibly blasted by one of the attendees. I left in tears. Hysterical, sobbing, completely unnecessary tears {which I partially blame my hormones for} (: . As I am driving around, trying to kill time and regain my composure, my incredibly amazing 3.5 year old says to me: "Weeelax mommy, just weeelax...it's ok, your ok." Meanwhile my 1.5 year old son is laughing hysterically. (I don't think he has ever really seen mommy cry.) And Eden continues: "That's enough...I don't want to hear you complain, you are fine." And Zion: "Hahahahaheeheehee." I love them and never ever want to forget these moments. Who am I to be so blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment