Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Midway Island

A while back I saw this video on Facebook. It really impacted me for several reasons. One of which was simply that the environment depicted in it is so clearly not the way God created it to be. The morning prior to watching it, I sat through a church service that spoke of God's beauty and how some things are so perfectly in alignment with God's intention for them that they are just beautiful. Well this video is basically the opposite of that notion.

I'm not sure about my judgement at the time, because it's a pretty graphic video, but for some reason I showed it to Eden. And it just occurred to me this morning, as she was asking to watch "that video with the birds and the trash in their stomachs" that this video was the impetus for her picking up trash on the beach a while back. Remember how I couldn't figure out where that was coming from? Well I asked her today if this video was the reason and she confirmed that it was. "Cause we don't want the birds to die from the trash do we mommy?"

MIDWAY : trailer : a film by Chris Jordan from Midway on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment