Saturday, August 29, 2015

August Skate Days

In August Eden slowly got more and more comfortable with the bigger bowl drop in at the skatepark and at Shanes. Watching her progression is truly magical. Forever she will obstinately do the same thing over and over again till she is out of her mind with boredom then one day she will just do something new and nail it. It's really beautiful. She rarely falls - when she does she is more crushed from feeling like she failed that any real pain. I have come to believe that not falling is actually her ultimate goal - more than anything she could ever actually do, she really is always trying mostly to just not fall. I have said many times out loud, but perhaps never on here, that I have no interest in Eden pursuing skateboarding professionally or anything like that. I don't really think there is a great future in such a pursuit, but what I do want for her is to always feel supported in pursuing her passions. Right now skateboarding is one of her passions and it gives me the utmost joy to watch her pursue it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment