Friday, July 19, 2013

Party of 3 Harbor Paddle

Today the kids and I paddled around the harbor. This is something I have dreamed about ever since I was pregnant with Eden paddling the harbor nearly every day, sometimes twice a day. I never imagined that this dream would really come to fruition. I can't put into words how much fun the three of us had. Eden came home ecstatic telling Jonny every last detail of the trip. While she was telling him the story of our adventure I nearly started crying. It was just such a special moment the three of us shared. And the kids did great! They were so patient enjoying themselves the entire way....until the very end when Zi got a little impatient and actually jumped in about 100ft from the beach. As I was grabbing him I fell in too and that became a bit of a cluster, but despite all of that they still had a blast. Eden wants to go again tomorrow. Zi may still take some convincing but I wouldn't be surprised if he was ready to go again come morning. This was sort of a big deal for me today...kind of a dream come true!

These pictures were taken by a very nice lady on the beach who ended up being a friend of Becky's. 

The kids were incredibly cooperative while I loaded and unloaded the board. Holding hands in the street and sticking close to me the whole time.
Zion was super motivated
Eden paddled standing up like this for at least a quarter of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment