Friday, May 4, 2012

Rootbeer Floats & Artichokes

I brought root beer floats to Kara's baby shower a couple of weeks ago. There was a ton left over so I made one the other day. Well, I didn't get to drink much of it. Eden seemed pretty certain it was one of the best things she had ever had and she was not letting it go. 

That day we harvested our artichokes. We didn't get a ton because a wind storm uprooted the plant and we had to harvest what we had. But we got a few really nice ones, and the old plant is already coming back up. 










Below, Zion is eating artichoke for the first time. This was really fun for him on so many levels. The minute I handed him a piece of what Eden and I were already eating his face just lit up in a way that I can not begin to describe. He was so thrilled to be eating what we were eating and he did such a great job with it too, just gumming the fruit off. It was amazing and adorable. Only problem is he was pretty gassy the next day, oops. But I think even he would agree that it was worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment