Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Let Her Be Great"

Eden had her big dance recital on Monday night. Originally I did not sign her up for it. It was a pretty big production on a big stage and it all just seemed to be a bit much for a 4 year old dancer. To be honest, I didn't think she would enjoy it at all - given Eden and her general reserve. But she wanted to do it badly, begging us to let her be part of it. So Jon made the decision to "let her be great". And you know what? She was GREAT! She loved every minute of her special late night performance. The next morning she woke up and told me "Mommy I really loved it last night, that was really fun." I am grateful to Jon for having the insight to "let her be great", and this lesson in greatness is one that I hope we will carry with us and incorporate into other aspects of Eden as she grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment