Friday, February 7, 2014

Skater Groms

I was telling my mom earlier today that I may never get Zion to go to the beach with me again. He has become completely enamored by skating ever since we took him to the skate park. Earlier today he was actually throwing his skateboard in the air trying to make it spin like he has watched the big kids do - I really wish I would have gotten a video of it.

It's funny that his skate stance is the same as his surf stance, I'm bummed I didn't get a pic of him from the front.
I love this pic of Eden dancing on the driveway in her pretty dress.

Eden is actually getting the hang of skateboarding a bit. Pushing off with her foot and everything.
This is just a random pic from the same day. Jon likes to pick Eden up from school on this bike. This was the first time we have ever thrown Zi on there and he was thrilled!

San Clemente Skate Park

We took Zi to the skate park on a whim last week. He loves to charge hills on his scooter so we figured he would be into it. It's hard to get the timing right at the skate park. It's definitely not a place that he can charge on a crowded day. The first day we went was actually a bit crowded but we had Jon with us so we felt invincible. 

These pics are from Zi and I's third time back at the park and Eden's first. We were super lucky because we were there with just two other guys who happened to be super cool and skate super well. It was amazing to watch plus they were cool with Eden and Zion doing their thing.
How is Zion here? Surveying the park like he owns it. I feel like I can see the age of his soul in this pic.

Eden was not as into the skate park as Zion was. To her credit she just received this big girl scooter a few days prior so she is not entirely acclimated to it yet. She had a few wipeouts which bummed her out but she still had fun and I was marveling at her style even in her hesitation.







No comments:

Post a Comment