Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Things They Say

A couple of things that are part of our daily rhythm these days that I don't ever want to forget:

Whenever Eden gets in trouble, without fail she will say to me:
"But Mom, we're still best friends right?"

And Zion, at all hours of the night between 3:30/5am will wake up crying lately and if I do not come in he will start screaming:
"MOM! WHERE ARE YOU??!!" at the top of his lungs, over and over, probably waking the whole neighborhood up if I don't come in quickly.

Those are the two main things that I wanted to document for now. The kids are at an incredibly fun age. Some days I honestly wonder how any day could ever be hard, then (it is usually the following day) that I overdue it and something snaps in me and I feel like a total failure. God is teaching me through these failures the importance of pacing myself - for them more than anything. They both have the dearest and most tender hearts; so nurturing toward everyone around them. They are my precious gifts from God, to whom I am forever thankful.
A pic from a Sunday stroll with Dad(!) taken back in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment