Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Joshua Tree

Just before we left for Kauai we were able to sneak in a quick day trip to Joshua Tree. It's always kind of a gamble going out there for the day. But this trip was a complete success. We had perfect weather and were able to get in a lot of really fun climbs and explores. I'm so thankful to live in a place wherein places like this are just a couple hours drive away. 

In this picture we are all gathered together watching some guys top rope a climb called 'Leave it the Beaver'. It is a classic Joshua Tree test piece that you rarely see anybody on. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of it. Anyway, they let me take a turn on it. I feel like they sort of did it as a joke or because they felt sorry for the little mamma climber with her kids. But I was actually able to move on it, to everyones great shock (especially my own). It was some of the funnest climbing I have been able to do in years and I feel forever indebted to the group of rag tag guys that let me take a burn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment