Monday, August 11, 2014

Eden's 5th at Cardiff

Eden Hope "Hunter Fisher" Walla turned five a couple of weeks ago. We celebrated by taking her to one of her favorite surfing beaches and surrounded her with some of her favorite people in the world. Looking back at the pictures I am blown away by how much she surfed that day - how much everyone surfed that day! Even Tracy and Mimmi went surfing! It was such a fun day at such a special place with some truly special people. More on Eden turning 5 at another place and time. It's something that I am still processing but am also truly grateful for. The other day she did something which I praised for being such a "5 thing to do". She looked at me and said: "Is this really going to be your favorite age mom?" And despite all of my preconceived notions regarding this age, I think it very well may be. 

I love this sequence of Eden on this wave
Both Eden and Zi really seem to watch the wave as they surf. Makes it hard to get a great pic but I love how I can see the wheels turning in their heads. 
Mimmi Surfing!
Tracy Surfing!
Shout out to Tara.. the BEST big sister and cousin in the universe. We are all so lucky to have her!
Not a great pic, but is it just me or does Eden really look 5 here?

The boys
The first time I have ever seen Eden really try to paddle out.
Zi trying to stand on his boogie

Receiving Gifts

I feel unreasonably blessed with how much the kids receive on holidays. No matter how much we try to keep it simple it is so easy to get carried away...I fear that we are spoiling them and hope against hope that we can instill in them gratitude and an understanding of how much they really have. 

We told her to hide her eyes while one of her bigger gifts was brought in

No comments:

Post a Comment