Friday, November 1, 2013

A Happy Halloween 2013

Jon got forced to work on Halloween this year. It was kind of a bummer but ended up being a really fun day with a visit to the fire station in the morning, playtime at Eden's friends house in the afternoon and trick or treating in the evening. When we got home from her friends house though Eden explained to me that daddy may still be coming home tonight "You never know" she told me. I tried to explain to her that I knew he really wasn't coming home but she persisted in telling me that he may still come home. I think she got a little confused when he was taking all of those classes and coming home at night occasionally. 


Eden was in something of a hurry at the fire station to get going so she could go play with her friend Elli. I could have sat there and watched them race bikes all day.


In the evening as I am rushing around the house trying to get the kids out the door Eden says to me "Mommy, you know what my costume's name is?" I say (only slightly annoyed)..."Mermaid?" Eden says: "No Moonlight"...I stop in my tracks and begin to praise her for coming up with such an exquisite costume name when she interject - "but everyone will call me Beauty cause I'm a beautiful mermaid."

Eden was on cloud 9 all night, she and Max would run at full speed from one house to the next. Ben would follow close behind and Zi kind of lagged a bit more. He seemed overwhelmed by it all but always made it to the door for a "trick or treat", "thank you", and "Happy Halloween". I really wish I would have gotten it on video because it really was pretty sweet. Below Eden is showing me how many candies she received at the last door.


No comments:

Post a Comment