Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dragon Fruit In Bloom

This evening we had returned from a long afternoon down in North San Diego, at the botanical gardens  and visiting Nanny, to this beautiful dragon fruit bloom. We have been growing this strange looking plant for years now hoping and praying for it to give us some of its delicious fruit, and we had just about given up on it when Eden spotted what looked to be starts of a blossom on it at least a week ago. The dragon fruit is a night blooming flower so each night we have looked for its flower but each night we have been disappointed to see nothing. Tonight it finally bloomed and it was well worth the wait - I just wish Jon were home to see it. 






I am also posting pics of Zi from the gardens today. I just can not believe that he will be 1 next month. He is getting bigger and bigger, but the older he gets the more I begin to really see that he will always be my little baby, even more so than Eden is. I suppose that is inevitable with your second and your last. In any case I am in no hurry for him to grow up, Jon would probably disagree but I have a feeling that I should freeze him right at this stage before he gets a chance to grow up and move out on me.




No comments:

Post a Comment